WASTE TYPES - What we accept and what we don't accept in our skip bins
- Tree waste including branches, small stumps and leaves
- Garden weeds, grass, shrubs, plants, plant offcuts
*As this is for recycling only, anything placed in the bin that doesn't fall under green waste is considered mixed waste. Please ensure you advise Melway of this at the time of booking so you are given the correct skip hire price.
HOUSEHOLD WASTE/ DOMESTIC WASTE/ GENERAL WASTE:
- Furniture (wooden, plastic, metal, etc.,) including tables, chairs, couches, lounge suites, dressers, etc.,.
- Clothes, cardboard, paper
- Toys, tools, machinery
- Pots, pans, appliances
- White goods (washing machine, fridges, dryer, dishwasher, etc.,)
- BBQ's, mattresses, rugs
*Does not include any building or renovation waste. Strictly household rubbish/waste only. If building materials or renovation waste is placed in the bin, this is considered mixed building waste instead.
BUILDING WASTE HEAVY/ MIXED HEAVY WASTE:
- Bricks, concrete, soil, sand, rocks, roof tiles
BUILDING WASTE LIGHT/ MIXED LIGHT WASTE:
- Timber, steel, plaster, plasterboard, buckets, cardboard, plastic, frames, metal
*Please contact us directly for skip bins that you'll use for only one type of material/waste as we may be able to offer you discounted rates.
We accept the following single waste types:
- Clean Concrete (only concrete and nothing else) or Asphalt only
- Clean fill Soil (only soil, doesn't include rocks, gravel or pipes mixed in with the soil)
- Only Bricks
- Only Roof Tiles (advise us on the type of tile as well, for example, terracotta roof tiles, slate tiles, etc.,)
WE DON'T ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
Anything toxic or hazardous such as gas bottles/cylinders, batteries, car/truck tyres, paint, chemicals or flammable gases/liquids (petrol, oil, acids, etc.,.)
If there is anything that hasn't been covered here and you're not sure, please contact us directly or call us on 9354 6996 so that we can assist you further. We're always happy to help with all waste bin enquiries!